Cordless phone problem

Panasonic KXTGA500W cordless phone.

Today it would not get a dial tone. It said unable to connect with base, move closer. Battery monitor showed two hash marks, so presumably the battery was not low.

I took battery out, also fiddled with menu. Eventually noticed that it would get a dialtone. Any ideas of what to do in case the problem recurs?

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Charge the battery?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

If it's around three years old, it probably is the battery

Reply to
Bob Horvath

It had just come out of the charger.

Henry

Travis Jordan wrote:

Reply to
Henry

The comon cause for your problem in these phones is that the battery is not sustaining enough charge to keep the handset to work properly.

If you bring the phone in for service, the first thing the service man will try is a newly charged battery before persuing for any faults.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

I had the same problem with a Panasonic phone. I replaced the batteries and had the same problem so I bought a new one from a different company and put the Pani in storage. About 1 month later I charged the battereis and installed it in the garage, works fine now and I can bring it into my neighbors yard and it still works. Go figure.

Reply to
Mike