Convert Subwoofer System AC220V-240V to 110V in US

I have a small subwoofer system that is AC220V-240V, 50/60Hz. I do not know how many watts the system has.

The system is stand alone, with a woofer and two tweeters, and you can plug an ipod directly into it for nice sound quality. It is not meant for use with a surround stereo system.

I was hoping to convert the plug to US-style for 110V, but am not sure if I need any other converter or other interface.

Could any one please let me know if I will blow this system if I convert the plug to AC110V and use it in the US?

Reply to
gritsaregood

Probably won't work. Try a video store run by foreigners (East Indian or the like) for a step up transformer. Cycles are no problem.

Homer J Simpson

What sort of power supply does it use? If it has a transformer you can hope it has multiple primary windings or taps, otherwise replace the transformer or use a stepup transformer. If it has a switchmode PSU then it's usually configurable with a jumper.

Reply to
James Sweet