compaq persario

processor runs at 1.1 gig. anything out there to upgrade and speed it up or is it easier and cheaper to replace it. I am on fixed income thanks

Reply to
bob kater

bob kater

Did it always run as slow as now? If no, then your problem is software related.

Go on Compaq's site and check out the specs for your model. See maximum processor it will take. Then see if you find this processor. Regards Lee

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

Lee

Look at

I'd suggest replacing it however. Look at Dell.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Adrian C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

I agree about replacing it. What the OP really needs is an IBM PS/2 Model 25. After using that for a while, the Compaq will /feel/ fast. ;-)

Puckdropper

Old computers are getting to be a lost art. Here at Uncreative Labs, we still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind ourselves of what we once had.

Puckdropper