Closed Captioning with Blu Ray players

I have a four-year old Panasonic Blu Ray player. It only has a single HDMI connector for connection to a TV.

There is a "CC" button on the remote. When a play a Blu Ray or DVD, for a recent movie, there is no closed captioning. It doesn't seem to matter how closed captioning is configured using the button on the remote.

Is there no closed captioning, even if it can be selected from the Blu Ray main menu?

As a hearing-impaired person, I really need to be able to use closed captioning. Are newer players better at providing this capability?

Regards,

KM

Reply to
Kirk M