Chrysler stereo

Hi guys...

Just bought a new car - well a new used car. First ever non-GM car.

Radio display is intermittent (99% off), so I'd like to pull it out and poke around a bit. Anyone know off-hand whether Chrysler uses anything akin to GM's "don't steal me" passcode thing? Or can I just remove it and put it back without worry?

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Ken

Suggest you post this question to rec.auto.makers.Chrysler. Readers there will know for sure. (I never had any trouble pulling a Chrysler radio and have done so through about 1996 previously ... but I know Mitsubishi uses a code and some models were Mitsu not Chrysler. When you post on r.a.m.c please include the vehicle model and year as well as radio specifics.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Check in the owners manual, it should describe how to set/change the code if it uses such a thing. Also, should have something on the radio itsef to indicate anti-theft, 'radio-lock', 'burglar-buster' a blinking LED whatever, they tend to advertise it in some way, or else it really isn't a theft deterrent, only a stolen radio sale deterrent.

Reply to
Mike W.

Hi...

Thanks all. Didn't get an owners manual with it, still looking for one. Got a Chilton, it doesn't mention it, so I disconnected it overnight, plugged it in this morning and all is well - so I guess there's no theft deterrent.

There is however, theft deterrent with the car itself. Won't hardly let me use it - durn horn and flashing lights :)

I live in a bay - cul de sac - half a dozen houses in a circle. The neighbors are threatening to change the name to Survivor Bay; send for Jeff Probst, and vote me out :)

Thanks, and take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel