Capacitor again :- (

capacitor 25 x 56.5mm and 450v) that would fit inside my rolling shutters tubular motor. Then I noticed that other data sheets described it as 45x78mm too large to fit. Turns out, the little capacitor is "obsolete" replaced by the bigger one. Exact same part number. (Brilliant KEMET) :- (

KEMET Panasonic Cornell Dubilier EPCOS/TDK Dayton Granger

No luck. Capacitors have increased in size and I can't find smaller ones. I think voltages are higher and that requires a bigger can?

Ducati Energia has one that is perfect... but natually none in stock in the USA or anywhere else I can find. (Like trying to finding a rainbow unicorn.)

So my question is, does anyone know of a capacitor manufacturer that makes weird/non standard sizes/hard to find capacitors?

................................ What I'm looking for:

can dimensions 35x77mm. (Not including the terminals)

The max length I have is 3.8" or 99mm.

--
Dallas
Reply to

to find total dimensions that fit. Not saying you will, but worth looking at.

Reply to
Ken

Can you externalize the capacitor?

Reply to
John-Del

Regardless to the voltage, since it is greater than or equal 450V,

It can be easily found on Radiospares or Farnell. The size should fit.

Reply to
Look165

al

probably the only option left. Another core needed for the lead. I assume the OP has looked on ebay for used caps.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I had a similar problem. The replacement would not fit in the stamped steel "dog house." So the replacement was held in place with a piece of sheet metal cut to size.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Can I toss in a general question?

Is a motor run capacitor always described as a "motor run".

This is the Ducati motor capacitors catalog. On page 15 they have their Metallized polypropylenefilm capacitors in metallic case... but they don't say "motor run" anywhere.

On page 23 they start their Single phase motor starting electrolytic capacitors. So they specifically call them "motor starting"

Am I wrong to assume that those caps starting on page 15 are motor run even though they don't specifically say motor run?

--
Dallas
Reply to

life of the motor.

I started with Farnell, no joy.

Radiospares has an amazing filter system!

wide for the tube.

--
Dallas
Reply to

Wow, didn't know you could do that. :- / Interesting.

--
Dallas
Reply to

Ken wrote:

--
Dallas
Reply to

I had that bright idea a couple of days ago... After an hour of staring at it, the wires run through the 2 limits switches on the way to the motor. When they reach the limit switch they click open. I pondered drilling holes in the end cap of the limit switch assembly but I just don't have enough room to get wires through.

The good news is that equivalent replacement motors are available. The bad news is that 2 of them will cost me $600 bucks. No es bueno.

--
Dallas
Reply to

Stay within 40% and it should be fine. Your blind motors don't operate for long at a time. The run cap effectively creates a third phase, and increasing or reducing the value moves that phase forward or back a little, but the tolerance is never tight on these anyhow.

"start" capacitors should get switched out of circuit once the motor is spinning. They aren't needed and might not be rated for continuous usage. But it sounds like you need a run capacitor, which would also work as a start cap.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

That's what I would do considering they are polypropylene and not electrolytic.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Thank you! Very informative.

--