Buzzer replacement

I have a vintage Micronta (Radio Shack) analog multimeter. model 22-214. Its a great meter. And I usually prefer analog meters for most stuff. (old habits are hard to break).

Anyhow, the meter works fine except the continuity selection. There is a buzzer inside thats supposed to beep. It does, but it's very quiet. I can barely hear it. If I apply some pressure to it, with my finger or a pencil eraser, it gets louder but wont stay that way. So I know it's the buzzer itself thats bad, not the circuit.

Since I can no longer get replacement parts from Radio Shack, I have to get a generic replacment. All my years of electronics, but I have never replaced or used a buzzer for anything.

How do I select the right type? There is 2 to 2.5 volts DC going to the buzzer when it's active. So, I need something for that voltage. It's NOT mounted on the printed circuit board, so thats a good thing. There is plenty room in the case to mount anything. Glue it, or screw it on. So, how do I get the right buzzer? Or is it just based on the voltage? I really dont know much about them.....

Reply to
tubeguy

  1. voltage
  2. physical space limits
  3. Magnetic (low frequency bzz) or high rfequency piezo.

Any replacement will be too loud, soft glue on the bleeper will be needed.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Yep, thats what the original looks like. Thanks

Reply to
tubeguy