[?] Looking for user manual on Micronta 4001 (ex Tandy) metal detector

Hi,

Can anyone suggest where I can obtain a copy of the user manual for a very ancient Micronta 4001 metal detector that was sold in the UK many years ago by Tandy stores?

Yes, I know it's out of the Ark but at least it'll be useful for keeping the grandchildren quiet for a few hours. ;-)

TIA - Dave

David C.Chapman - ( snipped-for-privacy@minda.co.uk)

David Chapman

You might want to have a look at;

Detectors&ID=009003

See if it's one of the manuals listed.

Sean.

Reply to
Sean Sharkey

Thanks Sean, but that was the first place that I looked, without success, hence my posting.

ATB - Dave

David C.Chapman - ( snipped-for-privacy@minda.co.uk)

David Chapman

In message , David Chapman writes

Forgive me for asking Dave but what is it about this particular model that needs a manual to use it? Most of the cheaper end models I have seen seem pretty intuitive.

Trev

--
Trevor Day
UKSMG #217

Yes, it seems to be working OK but I'd like to get clarification of the function of a red push-button mounted on the carrying handle. This seems to set the detection threshold and affects the adjustment of the 'Discriminator' control.

Quite simply, I'd rather like to RTFM. ;-)

- Dave

David C.Chapman - ( snipped-for-privacy@minda.co.uk)

David Chapman

There's a manual for the Micronta 3001 and 3003/4003 here

They might be similar enough to the 4001 to help you.

-- David

Reply to
David Morgan

Dave-

If you search by the catalog number instead of just the "4001", you may find more information.

As others suggested, the 4003 manual might help if you can't find the 4001.

I have the Micronta 4003, catalog number 63-3003. The red button is for "auto tune", used to return the meter to zero when it drifts. It is first set to zero with the coil in mid-air, using the Tune contol.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

I have one. The most useful thing about the manual is the Complete circuit diagram. Ill try to get it scanned in the next few days and archive it somewhere.

Reply to
meat666000

It's likely after 11 years (original post) to be buried in landfill, so perhaps if you post this, someone can build a replica and use it to find the original (and fix it).

--
Adrian C
Reply to

?:

t diagram. Ill try to get it scanned in the next few days and archive it so mewhere.

Dear,

If you could send me a copy of the manual... I have an old Micronta 4001 still working but no idea how to !

Regards, Laurent (France - Lyon)

Reply to
laurent.bonnin69

archive.org is one place you could send it...

John :-#)#

-- (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)

John Robertson

just google "micronta 4001 schematic" and you will get it !

--

Jean-Yves.
Reply to

Hi Dave,

Did you manage to get a copy of the manual? My children have just bought th e same medal detector from a charity shop and we have no idea how to use it . Could you send me a copy of the manual of you have one? Or give me a few pointers for how to work it? We turn it on and it just makes a loud noise! Thanks, Pam

Reply to
pamelaparton70

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 04:50:46 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote as underneath :

Are you still looking? My son had one about 25-30 years ago and it is still used very occasionally for hunting pipes in concrete floors etc.! I could have a look for the manual, we normally keep them all, but finding one so old is the problem! The red button on the handle is the key control for zeroing the sound as I recall. C+

Reply to
Charlie+

Charlie and Pam-

You may be more likely to find a manual for the Micronta 4003. It is probably close enough to the 4001.

The 4003 is a 63-3003 part number. I assumed the 4001 might be a

63-3001, but the manual I found did not have the red button used for auto-zeroing.

Reference "Radio Shack Metal Detectors Made by Bounty Hunter", .

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

I found a Micronta 4001 for sale on E-Bay. It is a Radio Shack part number 63-3002. I suspect there is so little information available because it was replaced by the 4003 (63-3003) after only a short time.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Hey I have one of the metal detectors and the manual for the 4001 micronata. Still works actually.

Reply to
jldaudelin

JLD-

That manual seems to be somewhat rare. You would do others a favor if you would scan it and upload it to

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Or archive.org or bitsavers.org...

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson