Broken fan assisted oven

I'd like to thank you all for your help. Without it I just wouldn't have been confident enough to go any further and I hate the feeling of being 'beaten'.

I got my multimeter out on Thursday night and plugged the red lead into the circuit socket (I think it's a very simple one) and found that I could get nothing by touching the two connectors on the element I removed, though when I touched the outside it showed a current passing through. So I decided it was worth looking up a new element which was later ordered from 'The Element Man' in Birmingham. It arrived on Saturday morning for just £28.50 inclusive and I fitted it later that day. I nervously switched the cooker power back on and after 7 mins the power was still going and we had heat again.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

\/era

--
vera
Reply to

Cool! Sounds like the element did indeed short to it's casing and then burn out. That explains the blown fuse and the lack of heat.

Reply to
James Sweet