Broken antenna on RC car

You need a Sub-Saver device. It is a relay that at a no-signal condition will either blow a ballast tank or set the planes to full-up/ full speed depending on how it is installed.

Most R/C subs rely on internally generated heat to maintain positive pressure inside the hull, but a clever builder (if space is available) will install a shrader-valve and pressurize the hull a bit before putting the sub in the water. I can get a reliable 6' of depth under most conditions. By that, I mean have full controls and all functions.

Remember the principle of the Cartesian Diver... that is where many sub operators run into trouble with negative bouyancy. Remember, sinking a submarine is well within design parameters, and almost anyone can do it - the trick is "unsinking" it afterwards.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

This was a commercial toy (I still have it), and nowhere remotely of that sophistication.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I understood.

But I have a different problem.

I have got a RC car and control unit. Both are working independently but how to know and tune frequency of transmitter and receiver so that with a remote my car work?

Reply to
Amin

How do you know /either/ is "working", if the transmitter won't control the car?

The transmitter is probably crystal-controlled, so there's nothing to adjust. Similarly, the receiver is either crystal-controlled, or is sufficiently broadband to pick up the transmitter.

If they won't work, then you likely have a problem that has nothing to do with frequency settings.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

You're replying to a thread from December 2007.

You haven't quoted any of what you are replying to. You "understand" yet we have no idea what you claim to understand, then you have a different problem, as if this is a continuation of a previous question. Yet it's not.

If you have a question, don't dig out a 7 year old post and then post what seems to be nonsense because you aren't even participating in that thread, just tacking onto it. This has nothing to do with the previous thread, and trying to figure out what that is about just wastes our time.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

just the top of my one snapped off. will it still work???

Reply to
leowar101

Yes. The antenna is 'cut' in the middle of the overall range - an inch-or-three will not matter.

Reply to
peterwieck33