Boss GT5 guitar multi effects pedal ...

Anybody by any remote chance got schematics for this thing, or know the (voltage) specs for the power transformer. Funny slimline core. Primary o/c :-(

Two secondaries by the looks of it, one CT, the other not. Worst case, I could probably graft two separate transformers in. If no one has the transformer data, then I'll just have to make an educated guess, based on the filter cap voltage specs.

TIA

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Any chance that you can open the wrappings from the windings and see if there's a thermal fuse in there that's opened? If not, maybe you can get a bit of an idea if there are any voltage regulators in the power supply that you could use to derive one of the secondary voltages. Once you have that, just apply that voltage to winding and measure the voltage on the other winding. Derate by about 10% and you should be pretty close. Out of circuit, of course. Use your best judgment on the VA rating of the transformer. Use catalogs from various manufacturers such as Hammond, Signal, etc. to get size vs. VA estimates.

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

The Boss GT6 uses an 18 VAC secondary.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I'm sure that there's gonna be a TF buried in the windings, Dave, and that it will be open, but unfortunately, there's not anything that you can see - even just its wires to whack a short across to get the tranny temporarily running to measure its secondaries. All of the things that you suggest for determining its ratings by 'guesstimate' are exactly what I would be doing too, just thought I would post in case anyone had a definitive answer, to save me the trouble of having to work it all out ...

Thanks for your thoughts :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Interesting, Meat. Two of the caps in there are 1000 @ 35v so that would fit quite nicely with 18-0-18 for about + / -26v DC, which would be ok as input for a pair of 15v regs. I haven't looked too closely at the psu yet, to see what mono regs are in there. Prolly be Monday now. Thanks for looking.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Didn't have to look. My Boss Jam Station and GT6 use the same 18VAC supply.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Furrynuff ... :-)

Arfa