Blaupunkt Car Radio Cassette mechanism

Greetings one and all, Has anyone successfully repaired a Blaupunkt cassette mechanism?

I have 2 here at the moment. One in a Blaupunkt SQR32 "Toronto", and the other in a Delco from a 1986 Pontiac Fiero.

The Belts & Pinch Rollers have been replaced, but the mechanism will not lock into play position. The idler wheel reflectors seem in good condition.

I am suspecting the sensor or the Hybrid ICs on the PCB assy. Any assistance gratefully accepted !! Cheers Colin

Reply to
Colin Horsley

condition.

no idea if similar

Blaupunkt SQM 37 Tape rejected after a couple of seconds The fault was caused either by the microswitch trigger that senses the tape carrier in play position out of position or wear on the main mechanical latch.This latch is much like a conventional mousetrap and the lip that holds the main arm when the solenoid is powered was worn so ground back slightly with a smal grinding wheel.

Reply to
N_Cook