Ashdown Bass amp

** Hi,

I have an Ashdown ABM 200H with a burnt resistor on the power amp PCB.

Any know what value R10 is ?

You need a password to access schems on the company website.

BTW, all the mosfets have blown.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I have managed to get the occasional schematic out of them without a password, by emailing technical direct. If you can convince them that you are a bona fide engineer, rather than just an owner, they might help you out as a one-off.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

out

same here. I think 3 different amps now - if you include issues found in passing , not necessarily related to the symptoms /faults, that may help not hinder.

Reply to
N_Cook

Don't know if this will help but on the ABM 300/500 output schematic R10 is 220R in the emitters of TR8 and TR9 (BF422) to V-.

Les.

Reply to
Les Matthew

"Les Matthew"

** Sounds very like a probable value.

The burnt black remains measured 520 ohms.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Same as a Trace AH500 I am repairing right now. 220R to both emitters of BF422, (this one also burnt, reads 880R), collector to 15k to diode to 220R to +V.

One of my Mosfets is blown.

Ashdown are Trace revisited I believe.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

220R

Isn't there a connection between Trace Elliot and Orange ?

Reply to
N_Cook

Dunno. Clive Button was the chief designer at Trace, I think. You often see his name on the PCB's. You also find the initials B.L.T. on his stuff.

Phil, is there anything like that on the Ashdown PCB?

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

"Gareth Magennis"

** BLT = bacon, lettuce and tomato ??

** The amp has gone back to its owner.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I for some strange reason have the impression that Clive was a thin guy, and always hungry, so that makes sense.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis