another vintage HV device finding challenge: LARGE plasma balls!

Ok, my previous post concerned the outlandish prices for some neat
looking HV devices originally from the late 90's: Luminglas discs.  I
was successful finding several, and at good prices comparable to what I
would have paid in 2000 for some nice used ones.  However.....

I have been on a new quest to try and find a large plasma ball.  True,
they are all over the Internet, but the most common sizes seem to be 8"
diameter or less and I am looking for 12" diameter or more!  However,
the price seems to increase maybe as much as 20 fold going from 8 to 12
inch size!  I see some on eBay in 12" size for just under $200, but I'm
hoping to do better.  Problem with the used ones I see is that the
sellers don't specify globe size and 99% most definitely are 8" or less
diameter.

Suggestions would be welcome.  One thing I tried googling for was some
sort of a history on plasma globes with maybe larger ones from the past
mentioned.  Other than Spencer's 12" Megavolt, that's all I could come
up with (and, incidentally, the person wants more for the Megavolt than
a new 12" one!).

Thank you.

Re: another vintage HV device finding challenge: LARGE plasma balls!

The very large type you see in science museums and such are probably
custom jobs I don't think there's enough demand for globes of larger
size to make an industry of selling anything but one-offs.

Re: another vintage HV device finding challenge: LARGE plasma balls!

I'd perhaps talk to someone on the facility of a place like which has
one, might be able to at least find parts or who made theirs. I'd be
prepared to pay a few G at least for a two-foot diameter one or such....

Re: another vintage HV device finding challenge: LARGE plasma balls!

https://www.metalsphere.com/product/aluminum-half-sphere/

Site Timeline