alliance antenna rotor

I re- built a Alliance rotor, but had no rotor box, found one, but I do not know how to hook the wires to the four connector. can you advise? Thank you.TED

Reply to
Ted

Which model? I have diagrams for a few models.

Dave M

Ted wrote:

Reply to
Dave M

not

ou.TED

Rotors mean no DVRs can be used. Puts a little bit of a hitch in your giddy up.

Reply to
stratus46

What does a rotor have to do with a DVR, the rotor only orients the antenna unles you have found some new use for one!

Reply to
hrhofmann

It would be far easier to follow what you were getting at if you actualy quoted what you were replying to. google isn't Usenet, the rest of us see it differently.

And if you need the antenna pointed in this direction for one channel, and in that direction for another channel, then when you program the DVR to record something on this channel and then that channel, the antenna doesn't follow along. One of the channels won't be received, because the antenna is not pointing the right way.

I have a similar problem with my DTV set. When I use my home made multi-bowtie antenna, it's directional enough that when aimed for the US channels, I miss some of the local channels. No problem, I can just shift the antenna a bit, it's indoors. But, since the tv set doesn't let me program in the "local channels", I have to do a scan. And it won't get all the channels because the antenna is too directional. I did solve that, put a loop on a longer piece of coax, hang the loop from a long piece of bamboo pole, and stick that out the window. It gets enough signal in all directions for the scan to get all the channels I'll get, though some don't actually present a picture with that loop. Then I can use the bowtie array, aiming it as needed.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

na unles you have found some new use for one!

You're really asking such a silly question? I have computers recording TV 6 nights a week. You go turning the antenna and the reception goes bye bye. I don't know of any recording software that could re-aim the antenna first. If it were mine, I'd forgo the rotator and use multiple antennas and then jointenna diplexers to make one clean RF feed where all channels are availa ble all the time. A private MATV system.

Reply to
stratus46