Air fryer twice baked potatoes

I am not wrong!! Are you nuts? You NEVER mention more than a 60 amp breaker for residential uses. Are you kidding? (you've been around too many of those mini mansions or something - crossposted to sci.electronics.repair)

Reply to
bruce bowser

Commom uses for 60 A breakers:

a) Sub panels to shops, kitchens (electric), hot tubs and pool heaters (electric) b) Some electric stoves. c) Pottery kilns

Increasingly common uses for 100A breakers:

a) Class IV car chargers - Tesla, Rivian et. al. b) Sub panels in larger houses, or MiL suites.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

On Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 7:53:16 AM UTC-5, Peter W. wrote in scilelectronics.repair:

So a 60A breaker upgrade is needed for a car charging station?

Reply to
bruce bowser

On Monday, December 11, 2023 at 4:42:14 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Upgraded to 100A?

Reply to
bruce bowser

For a Class IV charger, yes, 100A is recommended.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

For mine I have a 50 amp. If you have a Rivian, like my son has, a 60 amp would be preferable.

Reply to
Chuck

I just looked at my house's panel. When we bought the house 15 years ago, we made the seller convert from old screw fuses to a modern looking breaker panel. I was a little surprised at some of the breaker sizes.

It's a 200 A panel. It has a 40 A for a stove, a few 30s, and a 90 A for the subpanel. Wow. And the subpanel which feeds water heater, air handler, the shed, etc., has a total of 140 A worth of breakers, with the highest being a 60 for the air handler. The house is single story with full basement, roughly 50 x 30 feet.

Reply to
Tim R