Air Compressor wiring

If the motor is truly 5HP then it will already be 240V, but I'm not sure when compressor makers started inflating the numbers. The contactor device is the pressure switch which cycles the motor on when the pressure drops and off when it reaches a preset limit.

Reply to
James Sweet

I have an air compressor looks to be dated 1963 , built by wayne pump co. and has a single phase 5HP. GE triclad capacitor motor model number

5KC215AG201B that I would like to hook up to a 230 v panel ,but I have no idea of the proper wiring. Can anyone supply me with a wiring diagram. This compressor also came with a box that appears to be some sort of contactor and is wired to the regulator. I believe that it was originaly wired as 110 v. I can supply photos if nessassary . HELP!!
--
jerricuda
Reply to

So I will take that as a no to a diagram.?

--
jerricuda
Reply to

Why don't you learn to use google?

A quick search on 'air compressor starter wiring diagram' would give you this.....

Regards Lee in Toronto

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

Lee