Guitar wiring

Any guitarists?

I'm wiring a 3 humbucker "super Strat" like this:

<
https://res.cloudinary.com/phostenix/image/upload/GuitarWiring/StratHHHHotRailsSeries.jpg

Two Seymour Duncan mini-humbuckers in the neck and middle position as
per the diagram, and one Bill & Becky Lawrence regular humbucker in the
bridge.

<https://www.wildepickups.com/

The SD wire codes are black - north start, white - north finish, red -
south finish, green - south start

The Bill Lawrence is black - north start, white - south start, red -
north finish, green - south finish

(ref:
<
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-fxdzp2uudp/product_images/uploaded_images/bill-lawrence-original-xl.jpg)

I have it wired up as per the diagram except on the BL since the color
code is different I have white on that one to ground, red to top left of
5 way switch pin 1, green to top right of five way switch pin 1.

Switch position 1, 3, and 5 give the quiet powerful hum-bucking sound
I'm used to. Something seems wrong with positions 2 and 4, though, but
as I've only played a Les Paul or SG for 20 years I don't have any idea
how splitting coils across humbuckers and running them in series is
supposed to sound. I was under the impression that it gave a "virtual
humbucker" kind of sound but it sounds thin and nasally more like a
Strat single coil. Maybe that's how it is, don't know.

Anyone see an error in how I've wired this up or in the diagram that
could be causing the symptoms?

Re: Guitar wiring

Think I found the problem, black and green look to be reversed on my
particular model of mini-buckers. Would be nice if manufacturers could
agree on an industry-wide standard with respect to this stuff but that's
probably wishful thinking....

Site Timeline