Adjustiing/mod'ing digital thermostat on LG window air conditioner

Thanks for the reply. I checked the temperature across the room on a bedside table. Since the sensor is on the evaporator, it may very well get to 60 right there, unfortunately it's a little cramped for living space under the filter ;-) With mine set at 60, the lowest I could get it in the room was 69, this on a day that wasn't more than about 74. I attached a 100k pot in series with a 47k resistor across the thermistor, adjusted to about 75k total (have to remove & measure to be sure) I was able to get the room down to 61, with an outside temp of around 75. I don't plan to keep the room this cool, but it does show the machine has the capacity to lower the temp sufficiently if the thermostat tells it to. Very easy mod, in case anyone else has a similar issue with a room AC.

Thanks again all who replied.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Energy efficient my arse!!! - they chug away drawing 9kW for bloody hours to drop the temperature 1C. Its not about energy efficiency, its about non-CFC ozone friendly refrigerant that's next to useless!!

Reply to
ian field

replying to Dan, Connie wrote: How do u do this. Mine does the exact same thing and it used to go lower than

-- posted from

Connie

You're focused on the electronics but we really need some physical data.

What is the delta T? (what is the temperature of the air entering the air conditioner and what is the temperature of the air being supplied to the room)

Refrigerant charges are weighed in (if the maker is careful) or just estimated if not. Either way it is possible to customize them for the actual use scenario based on superheat and subcooling measurements.

Reply to
Tim R

replying to Dan, Twai wrote: My lg lw2510window AC compressor don't shut off.

-- for full context, visit

Twai

replying to Dan, Ryan wrote: I am having the same issue with a brand new wall unit. At least my room temp goes down to about 65/66 when set at 60. But this is very annoying that these are all calibrated wrong! Do they do this on purpose to appease the global warming cults or something?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/adjustiing-mod-ing-digital-thermostat-on-lg-window-air-condi-116541-.htm
Reply to

replying to Ryan, RION wrote: Well, here it is 2018, and I am having a similar problem with an 8,000 BTU window ac. I guess I should feel luck that mine does go down to 65.7 F. The problem here is that I bought this to cool a wine cellar. The ac unit is in a fake window between two parts of my basement. The wine cellar part is well insulated, but you can't get 60 F (the temperature I really desire) if the calibration on the thermistor is wrong. I am getting ready to use a fixed resistor along with a pot, and hope I get lucky.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/re-adjustiing-mod-ing-digital-thermostat-on-lg-window-air-c-1144161-.htm
Reply to