a single output transformerstereo tube amp ??

Good question. I first assumed it happened somewhere in the tangled wiring in there.

But I don't see it, so it looks like:

(1) The left and right channels are kept separate all the way thru, up til the output transformer.

(2) The Output stage isnt your typical push-pull-- because the plate leads are of opposite phase, what looks like the typical push-pull transformer, actually extracts the DIFFERENCE (I assumed the SUM before). The transformer in the B+ lead extracts the SUM current. Then the secondaries combine the signals in the usual stereo matrix L+R plus and minus L-R way. Very clever.

The design isnt terribly super, as the channel separation depends on a close gain balance between the two paths. One weak tube and the channel separation goes down.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Was there ever a single ended Williamson?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Does anyone have the original? If so, a scan that was high enough resolution to read and not mangled by jpeg compression would be nice. With the right kind of compression (GIF) the file would be much smaller and much easier to read. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

"robb" wrote in news:xr32h.741$ig4.382 @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

No, it isn't. It dosn't even have a push-pull output stage (even though it looks like it does). As discussed above, there is no phase inverter stage, which is always necessary in a push-pull configuration.

Reply to
Jim Land

well i dug up this williamson mod example schematic after you asked and it seems peculiarly similar ( to my untrained and unexperienced eye that is ) pentodes for tetrodes and inductors for transformer and well no center tap on output transformer etc so i did notice some differences :}

but you guys *obviously* know a heck of alot more than i do

i am just chomping for the result even if i have to embarrass myself to see one

humbly rob

Reply to
robb

duhhh... williamson schematic

[snip]
Reply to
robb

Na... I just checked, it works, but they make dandy crossword puzzle access.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

--------------snip--------------

Yes, but has the designer been committed to an asylum ?

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:34:00 +0100, Sjouke Burry Has Frothed:

Bwaaaaaahahah my thoughts exactly.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Well, I'm getting webpage data now, and went through their bizarre routine twice, but each time it suddenly decides I want to upload instea of download, no dlwnload to be found anywhere. What a waste of time. What kind of bizarre mind created that site.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If you want to post the circuit somewhere accessible you';ll get an increased chance of it being all figured out. Or a bit more chaos :)

Meanwile it sounds like the designer belongs where the retardedshare site designer also belongs.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

To all who are trying to get a copy of the schematic in question: The OP posted it to alt.binaries.schematics, not to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, the NG normally used by the electronics crowd. It's the only posting in the group at this time.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.
Reply to
DaveM

it

is )

tap

see

hi, i am not the orig circuit poster i just forgot a web link where i said "dug up this williamson schematic" my fix was i put the link into a reply to my reply, its a plain weblink to a GIF of a williamson schematic on antique amp page, i was thinking the OP stereo audio amp section looked like a williamson mod , i was challenged so i found a web reference.

Reply to
robb

Hi,

I was able to download it, I'll email it to you.

-Landon

Reply to
lj_robins

Ok, good point I don't see a phase inverter either.

But... What this comes down to is how the speakers are wired together, they are wired in MONO not stereo, even the schematic says "External Speaker" (singular not plural) where it shows the external speaker jack.

Well, I've said all I'm going to say, I'll show the schematic to my my father who has been fixing tube equipment since the 1950's I'll see what he has to say about it.

-Landon

Reply to
lj_robins

I bet he got a lot of funny looks at the old stereo factory!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

But I bet he was incredibly proud of his design. "Only a mother could love it".

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

FWIW, I use that site pretty much on a day to day basis and it's really not that weird. I just tried logging on using the web address cited in this message without any problems at all. You do need Javascript turned on to download files (and the site will automatically tell you if you don't have it turned on). From the sounds of it, probably you are clicking on an "upload" hyperlink rather than a download one.

Once the page comes up, mouse click on the "Free" This will bring up another screen which will include a "validation" box where you type in the numbers that are required (numbers are in a little graphic". Press the "Return" or "Enter" key on your keyboard, or click on the "Download from" button........depending on how you have your web browser set up, the file will either start downloading automatically or a pop-up will ask if you want to "Save to disk" or "View the file".

Hope this helps....... :-)

Reply to
propman

ah... my browser isnt popup vulnerable.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

thank you, I'll retrieve it from the spam dump later on, and see if I can get any clues from it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222