7805 regulator source?

Pity, though it would save me a lot of problems with storing all the test equipment I find.

Reply to
Chris Jones

Please don't get me wrong - I have pulled many gems 'off the curb' or out of dumpsters, including an Edison Home 3-minute cylinder machine, a Dynaco ST35 & FM3 and much more. And I am not above salvaging parts, either. But I will not go diving for a random bit of electronics when I know that I will be able to find a genuine part at a small cost that is both new and warranted.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

I remember back when Digi-Key advertised in the back of Electronics Illustrated and Popular Electronics, alongside Poly Paks and Jameco.

Maybe they remember their hobbyist roots.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(Who also cares about helping beginners.)

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

If the need is just a 5V regulator, an auto accessory stepdown regulator is available at my local dollar store (USB charge point); no order/deliver delay. As for 'warranted', that's a meaningless consideration for little nuts-and-bolts small change items. I'm not going to pursue a warranty, they're expendable. Instead, order/stock a few extras...

Reply to
whit3rd