6L6 / EL34 valve bases for double sided soldering?

Google images found none. Instead of pins in a ring of 18mm diameter , they are on a 27mm diameter so that the top side of the pin, lays outside the porcelain/matrix of the base, so can take soldering on both sides of the pcb. The socket pins have a joggle to them , to accomplish this.

Reply to
N_Cook

UK supplier that is, I can find USA source on Google images with tube instead of valve search term

Reply to
N_Cook

If it's worth using valves, isn't it worth using tagboards, wires and

60/40 solder to make a good long-lasting job of it?
--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Its a followup to posting here a week ago titled Hiwatt Hi-Gain 100, 2007 I've had to fudge the 2,5,and 7 pins, stopping htem from twisting, with

0.5mm inserts. I'd have rather found some replacement sockets without the design flaw but owner wants his amp back.
is a USA source and maybe a different design to the problematic ones used by Hiwatt . Need an underneath view to see if the pins are canted, but an engineering drawing to show if there are the problematic "humps" on the forks of the pins, would be more definitive
Reply to
N_Cook

Do you have graphics software? You don't have to be an artist to produce a simple layout of this sort.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Sorry, I can't be much help. I didn't realise your enquiry related to an already-existing amplifier, I thought you were making one from scratch (or, at least, part of one).

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk