Workman-like make of valve/tube sockets?

That last more than 5 years before the gap in the socket pin opens up enough to break contact on the grid pin? octal EL34 type valves seem to have pins about 2.2/2.3 mm diameter. Failing socket pins , measured cold , a gap in the Y as large as 2.1mm. Luckily I've found a NOS McMurdo , British made socket that I will rob 4 of the pins from, for the 4 grids, as physically compatible in the base matrix. These unused ones measure 1.7/1.8mm in the active part of the Y gap. The failed ones from 2007 have reduced metal in the region where its required , the 2 prongs , except for a swelling at the contact point , measure in cross-section .7x.9mm down to the 2to1 middle of the pin . The older ones measure .55 x 1.4mm , the 1.4mm dimension in the sense that you want it , for long-term/hot-cold cycling strength. Any modern makes have engineering drawings disclosing these pin dimensions ? has the metal composition changed/ trade secret formulation lost?

Reply to
N_Cook

N_Cook Inscribed thus:

Didn't you see my post a while ago where I said I had found a brand new pack of five !

--
Best Regards:
                        Baron.

A sustainable source of robust sockets?

Or even a source of pins of part spiral type perhaps , scaled up to 2mm of turned pin socket type say or even scaled up QM. I've only once come across bent pins on octal valves (owner bent them for easier access) . Just to replace the grid pins of modern sockets, if not the remainder. What else uese 2 to2.2mm size pins these days that has mating sockets?

Reply to
N_Cook

all the octal relay bases I've laying around have the simple Y fork type of pin and they may not be suitable for high temperature use. I did find some more NOS octal valve bases mixed in with them though

Reply to
N_Cook

N_Cook Inscribed thus:

I'll mail you.

--
Best Regards:
                        Baron.

It occurs to me, Heathkit gear used good quality components, mounted with nuts and bolts. Lots of good hardware there, if you can find it.

Reply to
Wond

Baron Inscribed thus:

Did you get my Email ?

--
Best Regards:
                        Baron.

Ignore any unmunged email addresses you find on Usenet, a matter of putting any apparent such adresses in Google for references to related proper addresses

Reply to
N_Cook

N_Cook Inscribed thus:

In that case, my addy is good !