32 in Sony Tuner Problem ? KV32T335

Folks,

I have a 32 inch Sony model KV32T335. The problem is that when I switch on the TV, no picture or sound appears, just snow and a lot of noise. When the TV runs like this for about 5 mins, the picture and sound kick in, and everything is normal from here on.

Could anyone suggest what the problem may be? Is there a part that I can change relatively easily to remedy this problem?

Any and all help appreciated.

Regards,

Raj.

Reply to
rnmalhotra

Resolder bad solder connections inside the tuner and if circuits. Will require a quality temperature controlled soldering station, correct solder for working around small surface mount components, and considerable soldering skill and experience.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Probably the tuner, but just replacing it is not the answer, because if it's not the problem you've just wasted a bunch of money to buy the part. TV needs troubleshooting by a qualified tech. If it is the tuner, sometimes it can be reliably repaired for less $$ than replacing the part.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver