15v supply for analogue testmeter high resistance range

Hi ya, I got an old TMK multimeter. The 15v battery for the highest resistance range needs replacing. It is a number 504. Any suggestions please on a cheap and compact way to substitute this battery? Thanks, Dave

Reply to
David Sewell

Not familiar with TMK. Assuming it is a bridge circuit, and there's enough room, two nine volt batteries in series may work. Check the schematic to see if the resistors can dissipate the power (particularly the zero adjust)

504 batteries are still stocked and available $7 each (US)

Good project there, if you want to fool around. DC/DC converter running from a D battery (assuming it uses D for the low ranges).

Newsgroups
default

default wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Or 5 CR123 3V lithium cells in series. You might even be able to use lithium coin cells.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Thanks Jim, actually that's an idea I never thought of ( 2 x 9v bats). Bit of tinkering etc ...yes! Lithium I think too expensive though. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
David Sewell

"David Sewell" wrote in news:dqpagp$9qh$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

The 2 9V battery idea was the other poster's idea.

The 123 cells are only expensive if you buy them from ordinary sources. check out Surefire's prices in quantity.

Lithium coin cells would give the best fit.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

If this is the same battery that is used in the Triplett 310, it's still available from test equipment dealers.

The Triplett 310 is a living dinosaur, I mean classic. :)

Reply to
mc

Thanks again Jim. Strange, You are the only reply to my question showing on my screen. So I thought it was your idea. David

Reply to
David Sewell