12V , 200W , DC motor

"N_Cook" wrote in news:haf83a$3id$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

maybe it's a current probe test point? a loop you can hook a current probe over,without breaking the circuit.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I'd not thought of that possibility The thick wires to the battery are widely separated as it is a cuboid SLA, so plenty of run to put a current probe around at that point. At the moment I'm struggling to get the tubular framework back together. I assume when they assemble it, it is done under force so each corner joint keeps everything else in place, the screws must be for show or they do not hold it all together as far as i can see. It is made to be foldable like a folding bike and triangular sections and one triangle locked and braced against another

Reply to
N_Cook

If there is a next time I'd reverse the jaws of a sash cramp to force the tubes apart, the 2 inches or so to release the cross tie tube. I wonder if the chassis of those disability/mobility scooters are built the same way.

N_Cook

Now road tested I see how the traction works. Gearbox will spin backwards because of course pitch and angle of the worm / spur gears, I hope there is protection against the reverse emf generated as off on the control is not fully off, 5volt measured just by leasurely hand spinning.. Then presumably "spring" clutches in the wheels one L and opposite sense in the R one to again allow for total freewheeling in one sense and somewhat braked in the other direction.

Reply to
N_Cook