128 BIT 32x4 PROMS?

Proms are Harris semiconductor but I've lost the orignal chip.

I've got a Zilog MCZ 1/05 development system. A memory decode prom on the 12/48K memory card (fitted with max 3x16K banks other 16k for 64k is on CPU card) has blown and was running hot.

About 10 years ago I made a decoder from TTL but it's 5 chips on a board attached to the socket by a flying lead. I've tried to reconfigure the memory so it bank switches the monitor EPROM for memory on the CPU card thus reducing the decode to a simple A14 and A15 bank select on the 48k card but hit a race problem.

I'd like something that can mounted on the socket instead of a card. Any ideas on lower chip count replacement? Even PIC or amtel if it can decode the 5 input lines and select the memory bank in 20ns

--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header

Are you sure it wasn't a 32 X 8 ? I have/remember 256 X 4 and 1024 X 4, but I haven't seen any 32 X 4. I have both the open collector and the tristate versions of the 32 X 8 BPROMs and I can program them too.

Here is a pinout of the 32 X 8 :

WangoTango

Found the hardware ref manual in the attic, yup it's 32x8, 7603. Also seems to be 50ns not 20ns.

Usual rate of exchange 1 GPB = 1 USD?

Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header
Can of worms - what every fisherman wants.
Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!
Reply to
Peter Hill

Is this to decode 5 input lines into only 3 bank selects? Would a 74F138 do it? It takes three inputs plus three select lines, outputs 8 bank select signals - you might be able to OR outputs, there's some time slack.

With several 74F138's, you can do almost any 5-input decoder.

Reply to
whit3rd

Do you have the hex/bin file or a truth table? I would be more than happy to program one up for you and toss it in the mail. Hell, with just 32 entries I could enter the bytes by hand faster than running the truth table through CUPL.

Reply to
WangoTango