Somebody have something to say about the AT89C51ED2 and AT89S8253?

I=B4m trynig to develop a firmware for this two microcontrolers, but still having not results.

Already had read the datasheet, but it looks like not working anyway.

If somebody have some tips, it would be very nice to tell us.

Thanks.

Reply to
Eduardo Fernandes

I personally like the Maxim IC derivitive DS89C450 flash micro series.

Already had read the datasheet, but it looks like not working anyway.

If somebody have some tips, it would be very nice to tell us.

Thanks.

Reply to
Kahlua

maxim-ic.com

But, did you ever tried to develep something is those models? Have some opinion?

Reply to
Eduardo Fernandes

Using what development tools ? What's your education in this field ?

The datasheet teels you nothing about suitable programming methods. It teels you how the chip works, not how to write programs.

What exactly are you trying to do ? Do you have any previous experience on any other 8051 family chip or indeed any other uC ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The ED2 is a bitch to get the ISP hardware right. The 450 is a doddle ......stick with the 450. make sure you buy the latest revision chips- early revisions had serious bugs.

Reply to
TT_Man

We have some firmwares that works on other models of chips, and I was trying to make it works on this chips too.

Reply to
Eduardo Fernandes

Please answer ALL these questions.

Which other models of chips ?

Are you trying to use exactly the same software in the 'ED2 ?

Check that the 'other' chips aren't using special functions not available in the 89C51ED2

How are you programming the 89C51ED2 ? ( make of programmer or method)

What's the format of the source file ? (e.g. filename.extension )

Grahama

Reply to
Eeyore