is the clock signal measurable?

Hello I have a 16f84 circuit with a 4Mhz clock signal (quartz), but I cannot measure this signal (on the oscilloscope). Is it possible to choose the wrong quartz or wrong type of capacitors?

T.

Reply to
Dr. Thomas Ansorg

Yes it is possible.

You should have your scope on a 1meg input, 50 ohm will shut down the oscillator. You should be able to measure a 4MHz signal at the OSC2 pin.

You should use a parallel cut crystal NOT a series cut.

Reply to
WangoTango

Is it possible that the oscillator configuration bits could be programmed incorrectly?

--
Geo
Reply to

You really can't. It is something you specify when you order. If you can pull some kind of part number off the crystal and check that with the manufacturer, you might have a chance.

Reply to
WangoTango