A slow year?

Between the PIC and Arduino crowd, you'd think this would be an active
group. Is it something someone said?
mike
--
   __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __
  / /\  / /\  / /\  / /\  / /\  / /\  / /\  / /
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
m II
This group has always run hot and cold. Plenty of people must keep an eye on it, because when an interesting post DOES get made, there is usually plenty of action for a short while.
Reply to
WangoTango
Of the last 2 questions I asked on this group, the only answer I got was a snotty one!
Maybe others have had similar experience and feel this group isn't worth the bother.
Reply to
ian field
Too many people confuse arrogance with wit. They see themselves as smart, not obnoxious.
mike
Reply to
m II
That IS one of the unfortunate problems with USENET. Every ass hole can throw in their two bits too, but the best thing to do is to ignore those people and move on. Oh, and it isn't confined to just this group, it is just the nature of the beast in general. I will be the first to admit that I have a pretty extensive kill file/bozo bin and just filter out all googlegroups posts just out of self defense. Allowing one butt head to taint your view of the group is entirely up to you, but I can't get that emotionally vested in that sort of thing. Oh, and if I didn't respond to your post, it is because I didn't KNOW the answer to the question, or didn't see the post. I don't like to just throw out crap answers and just add MORE to the noise level.
Jim
Reply to
WangoTango
That about sums it up.
Reply to
WangoTango
Could've been "sour grapes", I was asking for any application examples for the AVR Xplain board - these are highly sought after as they are not on general sale, only handed out at expo's or given as gifts if you know the right people.
Reply to
ian field
hi mike. We had mail discussion some years ago (2005/6??) regarding a mutual fanboi. Time passed, little has changed. Might we discuss this pest again? whisp3r @ fastmail.fm will get to me. cheers LN
Reply to