") in the object file? "/>

Why does it only contain 8 bytes ("!") in the object file?

Hello all.  I use uClinux to make a char driver. After I setup my
program, makefile, config file correctly, it only make a 8 bytes
("!<arch>") object file for this driver when I make the kernel.
What is wrong with it?

Re: Why does it only contain 8 bytes ("!") in the object file?

You will probably benefit from reading this:
 http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

The bytes "!<arch>" are a magic number for *archive* library.
If you get them in an object file, you likely do something like:

  ar rc foo.o

Solution: don't do that!

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.

Re: Why does it only contain 8 bytes ("!") in the object file?
You are absolutely right. thanks for your reply