Why does it only contain 8 bytes ("!<arch>") in the object file?

Hello all. I use uClinux to make a char driver. After I setup my program, makefile, config file correctly, it only make a 8 bytes ("!") object file for this driver when I make the kernel. What is wrong with it?

Reply to
Glinux

You will probably benefit from reading this:

The bytes "!" are a magic number for *archive* library. If you get them in an object file, you likely do something like:

ar rc foo.o

Solution: don't do that!

Cheers,

Remove /-nsp/ for email.