whitepaper: Best Practices in Embedded Linux. Comments?

I found this whitepaper today discussing Embedded Linux best practises:

http://www.katalix.com/doc/embedded_linux_best_practices.pdf

Anyone else seen it? It's very new!

I'm about to start my first Embedded Linux project, porting Nucleus
code. This paper suggests I'm about to run into problems.... so I'm
interested in what others think about the paper. There is also a
discussion forum on the Katalix site, but not many posts yet.

Is the paper representative?

Thanks!
Paul

Re: whitepaper: Best Practices in Embedded Linux. Comments?
I'm using Nucleus Plus too. I think hard realtime is a must have.

Re: whitepaper: Best Practices in Embedded Linux. Comments?

The paper does mention hard realtime. However, I'm not so concerned
about that because I don't have hard realtime in my Nucleus app. The
paper says that mapping RTOS calls to POSIX APIs (threads, mutexes etc)
and implementing the RTOS system in one Linux process is a mistake. True?

Site Timeline