Video OverIP

Hi

I have an analog security camera which outputs a standard NTSC/PAL composite video signal. I need to build a tiny module which will allow me to encode the video signal to mpeg2 or mpeg4, and send the stream over IP. I have seen some cameras with built-in web servers or networking, but the resolution and frame rate is too low. ( eg. axis.com )

Any ideas on how what embeded linux/video card combo to use?

ACIT

I think you're kidding yourself to think that you can do better than Axis does. You might learn something by trying, though. If you are truly ambitious, see what a professional can do in this regard:

This device spits out JPEG images at 15 fps, 1280x1024 pixels, or 60 fps at 640x480, over 100 MB/s Ethernet.

- Larry

Reply to
Larry Doolittle

You need more that a tiny module to do realtime MPEG video encoding. Same needs a lot of processing power.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell