Re: DS80C400 network flow control

does any onyone knows about flow control in DS80C400 network Microcontroller.

> I have a low bit rate device that want to connect it to ethernet. > is it flow controling in TCP layer or in data link layer?

I don't know about the DS80C400, but TCP normally provides flow control. That's part of the purpose of the TCP window, and it's usually transparent to the application. When you try to send through a TCP socket when the remote endpoint has no room to receive, the send operation will block. Similarly, if you try to receive when there's nothihg available, the receive will block.

Most systems provide alternate calls or socket options to allow for non-blocking send and receive, in which case you would get an error or some other indication that the call did not complete the transfer.

The details of how this is done on the DS80C400 should be in the documentation?

Reply to
Eric Smith