Telling to Linker Command File based on MAP file

Hi,

I need to tell application 'A' to use the unused space of application 'B' .

From the MAP file of application 'B', i know the amount of memory used

, but this info has to be told to application 'A'.

How to tell my Linker Command FIle (Linker Scripts) of application 'A' that the application 'B' has some amount of Unused memory in a certain region and so the application 'A' can use that memory ?

Any ideas ?

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

but this info has to be told to application 'A'.

I do not find any option in Linker Script for passing values from another file to Linker Script. Is it there ? (Did i miss it :( ?? ) I think, i will write my own Parser Script for extracting the used memory from MAP file and write it inside the corresponding location in the Linker Command File.

Thx, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

I suppose you use GNU tools. You can use environment setting in the linker script.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell