Telling to Linker Command File based on MAP file

I need to tell application 'A' to use the unused space of application
'B' .
, but this info has to be told to application 'A'.

How to tell my Linker Command FIle (Linker Scripts) of application 'A'
that the application 'B' has some amount of Unused memory in a certain
region and so the application 'A' can use that memory ?

Any ideas ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Re: Telling to Linker Command File based on MAP file

but this info has to be told to application 'A'.

I do not find any option in Linker Script for passing values from
another file to Linker Script. Is it there ? (Did i miss it :( ?? )
I think, i will write my own Parser Script for extracting the used
memory from MAP file and write it inside the corresponding location in
the Linker Command File.

Thx,
Karthik Balaguru

Re: Telling to Linker Command File based on MAP file

I suppose you use GNU tools. You can use environment setting in the
linker script.

-Michael

Site Timeline