So, finally got the GPS and sensors working as webserver on Raspberry

So, finally got the GPS and sensors working as webserver on Raspberry

http://217.120.43.67:8073/view_sensors.php

As usual I removed the lat lon, against drones. The sensors are now sitting on the table, waiting for an ebay connector so it can go in the green box.

The link may or may not be up in the future as I am programming and testing.

So what do we have on the raspberry Pi version B to do this trick?: Panteltje's rgpspc running (GPS and sensors) Apache (webserver) php5 (to display the sensors) I am using a semaphore file to sync the display to the webserver refresh. It is a powerful box, but you gotta be expert nothing worked out of the box.

About time to backup the SDcard.

16 GB card image neatly backups on a Bluray DVD.

Interesting is that acceleration Y is approx earth graffity

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Every few refreshes get this warning at the bottom of the page:

Warning: unlink(/tmp/wait_rgpspc): No such file or directory in /var/www/view_sensors.php on line 38

--
Spehro Pefhany
Reply to

On a sunny day (Tue, 05 May 2015 10:04:17 -0400) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

OK, that is because the web refresh is faster than the GPS soft can get new values. I changed the php script so it no longer shows those error messages. The effect of it being too fast is displaying the same values twice. And that makes no difference. Slight speed difference (varying time shift) of the computah clock relative to the GPS clock would bring it into that state. I could also set the php refresh to 2 seconds I guess to fix it, but then your data rate on average goes down. Or I could have php wait for the semaphore file to be created.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It is a mystery to me that you and Jeff use the word computah when the proper word computer contains the same number of characters. But, computah makes you look like an illiterate person. Why do you insist on that? I would like to understand your motive. Are you trying to be "funny", or what?

Reply to
John S

On a sunny day (Tue, 05 May 2015 13:13:50 -0500) it happened John S wrote in :

I know

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Restoring my comment which you so rudely snipped...

It is a mystery to me that you and Jeff use the word computah when the proper word computer contains the same number of characters. But, computah makes you look like an illiterate person. Why do you insist on that? I would like to understand your motive. Are you trying to be "funny", or what?

Reply to
John S

It's called 'humor.'

HTH,

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

No, I think it is called "humah".

--

Rick
Reply to

Wrote the webserver, got rid of Apache and php: http://217.120.43.67:8073/

If you run Linux try: netcat 217.120.43.67 8073

In the browser now type reload -, or in netcat just ENTER, for new data.

Will do the smurfer-push later. First see if this stands the web attacks...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I guess you weren't one of the cool kids in junior high, either. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I like the netcat way, nice.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I haven't been able too load any of this with Firefox

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Chrome seems to work ok though. IE runs all the text together with no line breaks.

--

Rick
Reply to

How can you guess that? Personal experience? So, you were a cool kid? Were you honored in some way by your peers? Were you elected to some sort of "cool" office such as class president? Or was it all observation from a distance and a conjecture on your part?

Shame on you for your unwarranted comment.

Reply to
John S

It makes you laugh? Do you use the misspelled word yourself to show humor?

Reply to
John S

And so my original question remains unanswered. But, Thanks anyway, Dr. Phil.

Reply to
John S

Oh, for peace sake, John, you really are thin-skinned. I wasn't even teasing you, I was teasing Jan about acting like a cool seventh-grader.

For what it's worth, I definitely was _not_ one of the cool kids in Junior High or at any other time at school--for one thing, I was two years younger than many of my classmates, which is really tough when you're young, and for another, I was far more sarcastic then than I am now. Doesn't matter much, forty years on.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

No trouble with Mozilla up to and including the latest firefox version.

It does seem to 'keep on loading', though, after the text is transmitted.

RL

Reply to
legg

I apologise profusely. I did not notice the smiley. Is there a smiley with a red/shamed face? I need that.

Reply to
John S

Very odd. It is working in Firefox now.

--

Rick
Reply to

No worries--we all have days like that. I had one recently myself--see the thread from a couple of months ago titled "OT: The Hockey Schtick".

Cheers

Phil Hobbs