regular expression handling... regexec() and regcomp()?

Hi all,

I'm writing a piece of network software that will run on an embedded box, and as luck would have it I haven't much time to test my program on the target hardware before we have to start deploying, so I was hoping if someone could alert me to any potential pitfalls with regexec() on a resource starved platform, especially since I've had zero prior experience with them? (by "them" I mean the regexec() and regcomp() calls, as well as the target hardware!)

Assuming the messages I receive will be consistently formatted and I can write strstr()/strtok()/strchr() etc based code that works, from a performance standpoint which approach would generally be regarded as more suitable for an embedded project?

The targets will be a mix of initially picobsd (sorry for minor OT!) and eventually linux based devices.

Thanks for any and all advice!

--

tirath
~love is the new hate~