I'm looking for a stand alone Linux box that would enable me to sniff (and maybe block) network traffic of my small network (e.g., ~10 workstations).
The requirements are probably something like:
- Developer friendly. I would like to install my sniffer on this box. It is written in C, so I probably need full gcc support.
- Not too much memory. Probably 64-128MB would be enough.
- CPU speed not important. I assume that any 200MHz processor should be enough.
- Most importantly: at least two Ethernet ports.
- Should be as cheap as possible.
I would appreciate any recommendation.