Read-only EXT2

I have a system that can get files from an EXT2 file system, but it
can only read.  The disk can be moved to a full Linux host that writes
the files the other system reads.

Recently, the disk data seems to be corrupted, because the Linux
system sometimes loses power.

I would like to use a more robust file system, like EXT3 or one of the
journaling file systems.  Is a read-only EXT2 system compatible with
any other disk format?

Kevin

Re: Read-only EXT2

Ext3 is ext2 with a journal.

This does not help, unless your reading code is
clever enough to play the journal before reading
if the file system is unmounted uncleanly.

HTH

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Re: Read-only EXT2
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:41:54 GMT, Tauno Voipio

Are there any Linux filesystems that are immune to an "unclean"
shutdown?  If there are, I can try to update my read-only system.

Kevin

Site Timeline