Re: NFS help

I am getting the following error when attempting to mount a directory:

> > # mount -t nfs 192.168.25.41:/home /home > nfs warning: mount version older than kernel > RPC: sendmsg returned error 22 > nfs: RPC call returned error 22 > nfs_get_root: getattr error = 22 > nfs_read_super: get root inode failed > mount: Mounting 192.168.25.41:/home on /home failed: Invalid argument > > The platform is a Broadcom based Mips, running there 2.4.17 distribution. > > /proc/filesystems says: > > nodev rootfs > nodev bdev > nodev proc > nodev sockfs > nodev tmpfs > nodev shm > nodev pipefs > cramfs > nodev nfs > jffs2 > > Help would be greatly appreciated. I tried google without luck.

Try upgrading your mount utility package to the latest and greatest. Failing that, make sure that you both ends have agreed on the proper NFS version. I believe there is a mount option to force this.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar@cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/

Is that the client or the server? Are nfsd and portmap running on the server? What is in the server's /etc/exports, /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny? It says "mount version older than kernel", have you tried to find a newer version of mount?

--
Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.
		-- Andrew Young