prints..while boot up

    I have a question...During the linux boot up..we see prints when the
corresponding driver is loaded talling [OK]..else [FAILED]..
How the prints are diverted to the monitor...
Does Linux treat monitor as a file in /dev/ directory ..If so ..what is it?
Actually my card do not have a monitor so i need to divert those prints to
the UART..

Appreciate any suggestions

Thanks
Uday

Re: prints..while boot up
You could add console=/dev/ttyS? option to init during boot-time as kernel
parameter.

I think there is also CONFIG_SERIAL and CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE option you
could change (make it =y) and recompile the kernel.

Once you have your messages directed to serial port, use something like
minicom to view.

hth
-siddharth

Site Timeline