Mixing and matching usbfs with sysfs

Hello,

I'm having trouble coming up with a decent way to combine information found in /proc/bus/usb/devices (usbfs) with stuff under /sys/class/usb/devices/.

Specifically I have a hard time mapping the topology info in the "T:" lines of /proc/bus/usb/devices to the device nodes unser /sys/class/usb/devices.

for example, I can find out by hand that

/sys/bus/usb/devices/platform/at91_ohci/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:2.1

belongs to the device whose entry in /proc/bus/devices/usb starts with

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#= 7 Spd=12 MxCh= 0

But I have no real idea on how to automatically match the two. So I wonder if anyboday has solved this problem already?

Thanks in advance,

--
Linards Ticmanis
Reply to

Ok... just for the benefit of people who might use the archive in the future:

The answer is, you can usually forget usbfs (/proc/bus/usb stuff) for anything beyond simply viewing the contents. Everything that is there is also buried in sysfs somewhere, and while /proc/bus/usb/devices is a nice human readable thing, crisscrossing through sysfs is really much easier for programs.

--
Linards Ticmanis
Reply to