Looking for lightweight HTTP/FTP client API

Hello,

We are working on an embedded project which acts as HTTP/FTP client sometimes in order to meet some special needs. I have to look for some kind of HTTP/FTP client API or library for it because apparently it doesn't make any sense to write our own if there are such libraries exist somewhere already.

I hope the libriary is written in C with small footprint, do you have any suggestion?

TIA.

Marco Wang

Reply to
Marco Wang

how about using libcurl?

It has a BSD type Licence.

Sven

-- "The term "any key" does not refer to a particular key on the keyboard. It simply means to strike any one of the keys on your keyboard or handheld screen." (Compaq FAQ Entry 2859) /me is giggls@ircnet,

on the Web

Reply to
Sven Geggus

If you can get away with using standardized HTTP/FTP tools and shell scripts (and AWK for pattern searching) you can use Busybox tools. If you are doing special/non-standard stuff with the HTTP/FTP protocols you will need a different solution.

Reply to
Janaka

Thanks a lot. But is there HTTP client function in BusyBox?

Best Regards, Marco Wang

Reply to
Marco Wang

wget

Sven

-- Trotz der zunehmenden Verbreitung von Linux erfreut sich der Bär, und - dank Knut - insbesondere der Eisbär, deutlich größerer Beliebtheit als der Pinguin. (Gefunden bei

/me is giggls@ircnet,
on the Web

Reply to
Sven Geggus

ftpget ftpput arp nc wget tftp

  • other deamons and heaps of network stuff. But make sure you distribute the Busybox license (GPL) license with your product; Otherwise they'll sue you!
Reply to
Janaka

Why the sour attitude? You stealing their source code too???

--

Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)
Reply to

Nop. No sour attitude here! Just stating the facts. Just because software is GPLed people expect it to be totally without strings attached. Well If they are distributing GPLed software with their products they have to be reminded that there are obligations on their part to acknowledge the software and provide some way of access to the source for the end-user. Last phrase on my previous post was meant be such a reminder and I missed to include ":) " with it. Its good that the FSF is now enforcing this as highlighted by two recent court cases in US.

The answer two your second question is : "No I have never stolen anything in my life, and never will". But unlike most people out there I do read the Legal documentation that comes with GPL software and comply with it. So if you are one of the "freeballers" who dont read the licensing docs, I suggest you do!

Reply to
Janaka

How about libwww?

Lew Pitcher