Linux-MIPS problem caused by forcing interrupt vector location to 0x91xx0200 instead of 0x80000200

Hello buddies,

I am working on a MIPS4Kc based reference design board. For some reason, I need to force the interrupt vector location to address

0x91xx0200 instead of 0x80000200 in arch/mips/kernel/traps.c. The kernel was loaded to 0x91xxxxxx space as well.

The kernel hung just after the interrupt was first time opened, after sti(), before calibrate_delay() in init/main.c. It was weird that I didn't see any problem if I put interrupt vector to location

0x80000200 while all other exception vectors to 0x91xxxxxx.

Was interrupt vector location hardcode to the address 0x80000200? Or some other place I need to change to walk around it.

Thanks a bunch for your comments.

Leo

Reply to
Leo

Are you sure that the initialization code does not clobber the kernel code with the interrupt tables?

It seems that your crash occurs at the interrupt vector initialization time.

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio