Linux embedded light-boot for x86

Hi all!
I have to realize a little product with a PC104/LX800 (x86) hardware.
I like to have a quick boot up but at the same time I need to have a
graphical server...
I don't need necessarily KDE or GNOME, something lighter can be good
enough.
I'll have to show web pages with some browser, play movies maybe with
xine player,
show some jpeg pictures... not more.

What linux distribution??
Can it be good uClinux?
Or do you think it's better to start from a desktop distribution?

Thank you!

Re: Linux embedded light-boot for x86

IMHO will be easier if you start with a x86 architecture.
uClinux supported cpus may have too poor performances to run xine.

BTW, we at KOAN already have a product that do exactly the same you are
trying now ;-) with a x86 SBC running Ubuntu linux.

Ciao
--
Marco Cavallini
Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - Italia

What about PuppyLinux?

Re: Linux embedded light-boot for x86

We have flash drives booting with xine on
x-window over nfs (unencrypted vob files).
There is no mentioning of that on our web,
just to keep us away for harassments.
The 64M or 128M CFD works fine for this.

See: http://cfd.linnix.com