linux 2.4 devel and busybox : problem with prompt

Hi,

I am trying to port linux 2.4 devel to ML403. I have used advices from this mailing list and some websites and finally got to th epoint where everything seems find except I cannot get the boot prompt. I have used busybox 1.0.1 and it seems init runs well, rcS runs well and afterr that I do not get the prompt. I have activated the askfirst line in inittab and I am asked to hit enter to go further but all I get is, automatically, without hitting the keyboard, is a weird succession of characters (see log below). " .=2E. TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 8192)

NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.

EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).

Mounted devfs on /dev

Freeing unused kernel memory: 60k init

Welcome to ML300 powerpc linux 2.4.21, E.I.S. edition

Starting system... mounting /proc: done. Mounting '/' read-write: done. brining up loopback interface: done. Mounting /tmp: done. Starting syslogd: done. Starting klogd: done. Starting inetd: done. System started.

Please press Enter to activate this console. =D8 "

I do not seem to have any echo. I have the console node defined in /dev. Has anyone an idea as to what I have done wrong ?

Best regards,

JF Hasson

Reply to
jean-francois.hasson

Please post your complete boot log and your /etc/inittab

--
Marco Cavallini
Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - ITALIA