Programming using .pof File and In-system Programming

Hello,

I have programmed EPLD only once using MAX+PLUS II, with necessary hardware already connected with PC.

Now, I am in the situation that I need to figure out what is needed and how to set-up system to program MAX 3032ALC. I have an MPU, but it is 68 pins. I have seen some sort of adapters of different pins, could they be used somehow on 68 pin MPU? Could anybody point me to documents describing all these (programming with .pof file)?

I also need to set-up for In-System Programming, so at later stage that would become helpful. I have never done that. I need guideline for that too.

Thanks, Drew

Reply to
Drew

It's a 44 pin PLCC package. I figured out that I will have to use JTAG support provided by EPM3064-44 LC. I have never ever programmed with JTAG support. I have Byteblaster cable to download.

Now, I dont know that how I setup things, I have my programming file, I will attach Byteblaster with the PC.

But, what's the interface between ByteBlaster cable and EPLD? What do I need for that interface? Should I mount the EPLD somewhere, have some sort of port on the PCB which will connect eventually to the Byteblaster? Any intermediate circuitry needed? I appreciate any pictures of this sort of set-up.

Reply to
Drew