How can i read mouse coordinates from /dev/input/mice ?

Hi Guys,

I am trying to read the coordinates from a mouse on an embedded linux board. I can see data flowing in /dev/input/mice (and also /mouse0) but i cannot seem to find any meaningful data in the data returned :-(

Can anyone help ?

Are there a struct to be filled and read from ?

B.Rgds. Peter Denmark

Reply to
pweichel

A mouse does not report "coordinates" as such. It reports the amount of movement since the last reading. It only reports the delta.

Take a look at the following web site for more info.

Bob Smith

Hi Bob!

Thank you very much, the link seems to point to just what i needed of information ;o) Have a nice X-mas and a happy new year !

- Peter

Reply to
pweichel