crosstools for morons

OK, I must be a moron....

I migrated my system to a new machine. New install of debian, new install of Don Kegel's crosstools, AFAICT everything is set up right.

I have GCC_INCLUDE_DIR set to /home/arm/usr/include. that directory is populated with all of the arm include files....

But none of the linux-arm-* programs see *any* include files. They can'f find stdio.h....

I had this running flawlessly on the old system.... And I have convinced myself that my setup is the same. So I am missing something very basic.

FWIW, I am using a slightly modified setup described here:

Is there a HOWTO somewhere for cross-compiling kernels, for example? A step-by-step recipe, since I am obviously going slowly senile.....

Reply to
Captain Dondo