flashing disk using pxe

hello all,

i've been ordered to install a linux system on a minipc called ebox3800. this machine has, among other things, 2 usb ports, and is capable to boot over network using PXE.

the main problem is that the root fs is already compiled using buildroot. so i end up having a whole disk image, called disk.img, and a network bootable machine.

How do i put together the two? I am seriously thinking of building a minimal system, capable of raw- writing some image on some device, and feed this via pxe to the minipc, along with the target image. Another solution might be doing the same thing using a usb pendrive.

wich is best? am i missing something? are there other solutions? thank you, vasilis.

Reply to
vasili

I always do it with NFS rootfs. With it I can check if everything is working as expected and then I write the image to the harddisk from inside the NFS root.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen Beisert